Saturday, May 9, 2009

"Tustin Morning"

"Tustin Morning"
9" x 12", Acrylic on Canvas
© 2009

SOLD

The Tustin Art League is putting on their second annual art show at Chemers Gallery. Today I excitedly submitted my painting. This is the very first juried art show to which I have made a submission.

A tree had to be included in all art work submitted. The subject matter had to be located in the City of Tustin. From all the locations I reviewed in and from the many photos I took of Tustin, I kept on coming back to this mobile home in Parque Santiago. I tried to capture some of its charm. And, yes, the heart actually does hang in the window.

4 comments:

mike kobayashi said...

Hello- The work you have posted reaffirms that thread that binds us all to the beauty that surrounds us, only for us to see rather than just look. I look forward to seeing more of your work. I'm interested in reading more about your vision about the subject matter much as Larry Carlson brings to his work. Keep up the good work! Mike K.

Dabblerteer said...

Michael,

Thank you. I know you and Linda knew I had it in me long before I knew I had it me.

But don't hold your breath waiting for my "vision." It would give me such a headache trying to think up a vision...just thinking about thinking about a vision...ow!, sorry, I have to go now and get some Excedrin.
:-) Bernard

Anonymous said...

Living in this home has been wonderful, looking at it through the eye's of a true artist has awakened a different and awesome beauty. Thank You for painting what we love.
D&G Rashid

Dabblerteer said...

Dear D&G,
Thank you for the inspiration.
Bernard